Last night I was having a major sweet tooth craving! I just needed a fix. I have ice cream in my freezer from our anniversary celebration and it was calling to me. But, I decided to try to make a healthier alternative since I shouldn't be eating ice cream at 9:45 pm! So I quickly stalked my instagram fit "friends" and saw this recipe. I modified it to what I had on hand since I was not running to the store that late for missing items.
Ingredients:
1.5 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped almonds (chopped in my handy dandy antique nut chopper from my mom)
1/8 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (also chopped in my nut chopper)
2 tsp vanilla
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and form into balls. Place in refrigerator to harden up for a bit. Enjoy your (mostly) guilt free dessert! And seriously, one will fill you up. They are so rich!
I used to make something similar to these with my grandma as a little girl. Never realized that they could be healthy because they are SO delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe, pretty girl.
ReplyDeleteThese are delicious. We've made them several times, but didn't have chocolate chips. We did, however, have butterscotch chips on hand, so used those. Mmmmmm.....Thanks for sharing. The kids love them and enjoy helping make them as well!
ReplyDelete