Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Winter Blues

I'm slightly upset that Spring has almost sprung...

This Winter seemed unusually warm to me which is slightly depressing.  I mean really is anyone else upset about leaving Winter behind so soon??  My husband thinks I am crazy and he is ready for warmer weather, but I love the snuggliness of winter.  Who doesn't want to curl up by a fire and read on a cold morning with snow out your window while listening to Amy Grant Christmas?  (well not the husband since he insists Amy Grant is a fornicator these days, but hey, it's the Christmas music of my youth)


And I'm definitely sad that I didn't take the time to make chili this Winter season.  Is it too late?? I just stumbled across a recipe from Plain Chicken that would definitely hit the spot.  Check it out here

And mainly, I didn't even get to wear very many of my sweaters, coats, jackets, fur vests, etc.  This may seem very trivial to some people, but for a girl whose MIL works in Dillard's coats, it is huge.  That's right, a very full coat closet that did not get used much this winter.  Plus, when I did try to wear some winter clothes, I ended up sweating that day.  Take for instance this outfit choice, my fur vest over my black Piko top = taking off the fur at work.  Ridiculous!


Ok I'm done lamenting about losing Winter so quickly.. I'll get over it, but I might still make some chili before temperatures hit 100 degrees :)

1 comment :

  1. Ahh, now that is a cozy sight! I love your fur vest and envy your closet full of coats. But I've grown bored of my winter clothes and especially boots. Bring on spring and open toed shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)