Since drinking so much water, I have noticed that feel better in general so I decided to look up some actual statistics about what water does for your body. I've known that water is good for your joints and body fluids since your body is 60% water, but didn't know that it can help you eat less calories! Brilliant! I should have been all over this water thing long ago.
Here are some other benefits of water courtesy of Web MD
1. Maintain Balance of Body Fluids- helps with digestion, absorption, circulation, transport of nutrients
2. Help Control Calories- choose water over other high calorie beverages (better for your body & budget) and eat more water rich foods like fruits and veggies to keep you feeling full for longer periods of time
3. Energizes Muscles- ahah! Maybe this is part of the reason my muscles are starting to pop more! Sweating depletes your water supply so be sure to drink while exercising to keep your muscles hydrated to perform to their max
4. Keeps Skin Looking Healthy- better than any cream you can buy and cheaper :) Dehydration can make your skin look dry and wrinkled, but you should still use moisturizer to lock in the moisture.
5. Keeps Your Kidneys Healthy- and working overtime from going to the bathroom 8 times a day! But really, your kidneys cleanse the body of impurities and water keeps those impurities flowing right out. Plus, drinking more water helps to prevent kidney stones!
6. Keeps the Bowels Regulated- this one is similar to the healthy kidneys, but hey, no one wants to be constipated!
I hope these reasons to drink water will encourage you to skip the coke at lunch and just get water. Or maybe even take it further and start carrying a water bottle like crazy "camel" Kara!
Happy drinking!

I drink so much water everyone makes fun of me for constantly peeing! I feel such a difference on the day I know I don't get enough water!
ReplyDeleteLOL, I have a peeing problem too. Way too much water in the mornings, it's so bad that I try not to leave the house to run errands. When I'm at a conference or out of town, I go into water withdrawals. Seriously, I feel sluggish and dehydrated. Good for you for downing so much of it!
ReplyDelete