Friday, May 10, 2013

New Addition to the Fam!

Many of my friends know that I have been a little bit obsessed over guns and ammo lately.  I can get pretty passionate/obsessed (whatever you would want to call it) about hobbies.  I went through a time of couponing for about a year where I loved it and did it every week if not every day.  I still have twinges where I want to jump back on that hobby, but it ended up taking up a lot of my time and effort.  I wasn't even saving that much money when you calculated the time I invested into it.  I'm not saying I won't EVER coupon again, just not right now. 

Also, I have been told I can get a little crazy when it comes to the gym.  I love to lift!  I love the feeling I get after a killer workout.  I love the way my body responds to lifting hardcore.  It's a wonderful hobby, but I am trying to not allow myself to get too passionate about it and burnout.  Right now, Brian does a great job keeping me balanced.  Yes, I want to hit the gym 4-5 times a week, but realistically I need to stay at around 3-4 times to keep a balanced life.

Enter my other passion for the past 4 months, guns.  I grew up in Texas, but we never really shot guns for fun.  (hello, ammo ain't cheap!)  My dad hunts, but getting up early to kill deer was never that interesting in high school.  I'm not really sure what triggered the "must have a gun" syndrome in me, but it hit hard earlier this year.  Being that my husband knows how my passions go (dive in headfirst), he suggested that I raise the money myself.  Not that we don't have the money to go buy a new gun, but he wanted me to work for it to make sure I really wanted it.  Can I just tell you I am so pleased and happy that I saved to purchase that gun myself??  I bought my Glock 19 yesterday, and I was so excited that my chest broke out.  I tend to break out when I'm nervous, upset, or at big events like my wedding, engagement, or even buying my first Glock :)  So without further adieu, let me introduce you to my new baby.

the new addition


Finally putting my anniversary present gun safe to good use
My brother in law also got a new gun so we met up at his range last night and got to shoot!  I can see the gun range becoming a trend..  which means more ammo hunting early in the morning since it is so scarce around here!  I guess that is when you know something is important to you if you sacrifice sleep for it :)  Happy weekend everyone! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)