Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend Recap

First of all, how is it May 13th?  I'm really having a hard time with that.  This year is almost halfway over!!  That is nutty!

Ok random rant over, on to the weekend!  My Friday night was wonderfully boring.  I got to run to the mall to get Hayley's birthday present, try one of Chickfila's new salads (Cobb salad with avocado lime dressing is amazing!!), make blueberry muffins and catch up on my shows since Brian was playing in a golf tournament until late.  It was lovely just to relax a bit at home.

Cobb Salad with Avocado Lime dressing.  Try it!

God provided me some mint jeans for super cheap
while looking for Hayley's birthday present :)
Saturday included sleeping in then off to workout before my parents drove into town.  They hit a couple of obstacles including a detour for an hour, ammo hunting stops, and pit stops for coffee and ice cream.  Finally, they arrived around 1:30.  My mom and I headed off to our favorite store, NBC for some retail therapy for Mother's Day.  Time just flies at NBC for us!  It's such an unique store in that nothing is organized or sized properly so you just go up and down the racks regardless of what size the rack is supposed to have on it.  It works out perfectly for visiting and holding up atrocious outfits for the other person to see :)  We both scored some cute clothes for cheap before we needed to get ready for Austin and Catherine's wedding.

The wedding was beautiful and the couple could not have been happier!  Everything went so smoothly, and you could feel the presence of God in their wedding.  I'm so happy for those two to start their life together.  Thankfully, Marizanne took a pic of Brian and I at the wedding.. I am so bad about remembering to take pics!

My handsome man!
We volunteered at our church this weekend which meant being there at 7:45 to set up, but still managed to get some ammo before church :)

For Mother's Day, we decided to paint canvases.  Kind of random but my mom is quite the artist, always helping paint something for our school plays or faux painting counter tops on their rentals.  Painting sounded like a relaxing, fun thing to do on her special day.  We shipped the boys off to golf and got a pedicure to start the day.  After a stop at QT for some tea, we started our projects.  Mom was mimicking a Van Gogh painting of sunflowers, Hayley was doing an impressionist's boat by the sea, and I was making a cute sign to hang in my office at work. 

Toes after our pedicures

Hard at work

Hayley's turned out really well but I forgot to take an "after" picture :(


Mom's painting for her new guest room

Perfect reminder at work

 
After painting and golf, we picked up pizza and headed off to the Smolen's to see their house all put together.  We also decided to celebrate Hayley's birthday since Mom and Dad won't be in town for her actual birthday.  Made a quick cake and voila! Birthday celebration week begins


funfetti of course


Oh and one last Mother's Day present, "Duck Commander Family" from Grant

It seems like the weekends with family always go by so quickly!  We had such a great visit and crammed a lot of activities into the small amount of time we had together.  I really am so thankful for my mom and the morals and values she and dad instilled in us kids.  We are so blessed to have such godly parents, and I don't take that for granted.  It was special to get to spend Mother's Day with my mom this year!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)