Oh hello blog! Seems like I've been neglecting you lately.. Work has been crazy busy around here and by the time I get home, blogging is not what I want to do. Instead we've been working out, cooking, and enjoying the new home. I really look forward to going home or being at home. I love our new place so much. I know that the "newness" will rub off eventually but almost 2 months in, I'm still loving it!
What have I been cooking you say? Well only the best breakfast sandwiches ever according to Brian. They are super easy to make and pop in the microwave when you want to eat them over the next couple of days. I'm sure you could freeze them as well, but they never last that long at my house.
Ingredients
6 pack of English muffins
6 Colby jack reduced fat cheese slices
6 pack of thick-cut round Canadian bacon (they sell a 6 pack at Target)
6 eggs
Salt & Pepper
Directions
1. Start by pan frying your eggs individually trying to keep the shape in a circle (oval, whatever will fit on the English muffin). Salt and pepper while cooking. I like to pop the yolk and mix the white and the yolk a bit. Flip and cook both sides. While cooking I cut all my English muffins in half and place them on a cooking sheet
2. When egg is cooked, place it on top of cut English muffin. Place a slice of cheese on the egg so it will melt a bit. Continue with all 6 muffins.
3. Now cook your Canadian bacon in the skillet to brown it on the top and bottom. It should be pre-cooked already. Place on the cheese.
4. Toast your breakfast sandwiches in the oven at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes. Don't let them get too dry, just toasty.
5. Place the top on the sandwich and let cool before placing in individual sandwich baggies. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze if you want.
6. Re-heat in microwave or toaster oven for a quick and hearty breakfast

You had me at English muffins and cheese. :) What a great idea to make them in bulk. Our family loves breakfast sandwiches. These would make a healthy and satisfying quick breakfast! Love this!
ReplyDelete