We kicked off the weekend on Thursday night with our First Annual Scarf Exchange! One of my favorite bloggers Shay Shull shared how her group of girl friends always have a scarf exchange at Starbucks to welcome Fall, so Lindsay and I decided to mimic her party. Since a lot of our college friends still live in the area, we invited a bunch of girls from those that we hadn't seen in a while to our siblings. We weren't sure how many we would have with life being so busy, but eight girls showed up. It was the perfect sized group, and we all had so much fun catching up. In fact, we have decided to make it a monthly gathering now :) Watch for Nail Polish November and Decoration December to come.
Friday night, Brian and I attended his company's Halloween party. Yes, it's early, but I appreciate having it before all the craziness of the holidays takes over my calendar. It was a blast as usual! We had bbq for dinner followed by playing black jack for tickets. I'm such a conservative person so it's hard to bet even with fake money! Brian is the risk taker and of course wins more than I do. Once you have acquired all the tickets you can, you choose what boxes to throw your tickets in based on what is most appealing. They so many great options including a $300 pair of Lucchese boots, $350 gun certificate, Mahogany giftcard, Bass Pro gift card (sorry Dad, I didn't try for that one). We bet all our tickets on the boots, but didn't win. It worked out ok though, because I won one of the 4 best costume awards! Its kind of a creepy trophy, but it was accompanied with some cash so there was no turning it down :)
![]() |
| The leg lamp & fragile box from Christmas Story |
![]() |
| Big betters at the black jack table.. don't worry I had shorts on under the lamp |
![]() |
| Some of the sweet girls Brian works with |
![]() |
| Creepy, right?? |
Saturday was the perfect day! I slept in until 10am and ate cereal while catching up on some tv shows. Brian and Ricky went to the Arkansas game (that was really pathetic, but still a fun time) while Lindsay, Hadley, and I hung out. We hit DSW for some new booties first, then off to the mall for more retail therapy. Good thing I won spending cash the night before! Alison, one of my blogging friends, had just done a post about olive green, and I fell in love with a vest she showcased. I was hoping to find one similar and texted that to Lindsay. She replied that she bought one the night before. We may or may not have the same vest now :) Thanks for the tip on where to find one, Linds!
![]() |
| Ignore my no sleeves under the vest selfie.. Lindsay & I also bought the same scarf after it showed up in our scarf exchange and everyone wanted it! |
Sunday we served at church then I took a 1.5 hour nap :) It was heavenly! We hit the grocery store and had Todd and Scarlett over for hamburgers that night. All in all a wonderful weekend
![]() |
| We made hot chocolate because Scarlett was freezing, and it's not even winter yet! |









What fun events!! I loved the M&M scarf idea too :) I LOVE your Halloween costume, that is genius :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I love this scarf party idea!!! Nothing better than a PSL, girlfriends and a new scarf at the same time. Your costumes are just perfect, one of my favorite movies! You look adorable.
ReplyDelete