Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with a Twist

I may or may not have presented these cookies to my husband without disclosing what was inside of them.  In fact, I didn't tell him until he had eaten three and deemed them good.  I have seen all of the "cookie dough" chickpea recipes on pinterest and have been dying to try them so this is my first attempt.

Here's the deal, these cookies would have been better if I had a large food processor.  When I was registering for our wedding, I wasn't that into cooking.  I registered for a mini food processor thinking that would suffice since I probably wouldn't use it.  Bad idea, folks.  Register for a full size food processor.  So instead of being able to process all of the ingredients together until smooth, I had to process in three different phases and still didn't get all of it as smooth as the recipe wanted.  Boo.  Lesson learned; I need a full size food processor when I get a larger kitchen.

Bottom line, these cookies are moist and yum!  Don't be weirded out by the texture though :)


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
would love to tell you where I got this recipe, but I can't remember and adapted it so much the link would be useless

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans of garbanzo beans (washed and drained)
  • 1 cup oats
  • 3/4 cup pure pumpkin (Libby's)
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3 tbsp. vegetable or coconut oil
  • 1 cup brown sugar (I didn't have any so used white sugar)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Blend everything except the chocolate chips in the food processor until super smooth.
  2. Mix in chocolate chips
  3. Drop into balls on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees
tiny.. I told you

Not as smooth as it should be

but it does look like cookie dough

moist and delicious!

1 comment :

  1. Chocolate and pumpkin? Be still my heart. I love garbanzo beans, usually roasted or in hummus. Using them for cookie dough is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)