Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chocolate Strawberry Protein Brownies - IG Inspiration

Inspiration for healthy living can come in many forms, whether it is a doctor telling you that you must change your eating habits because you are developing a nasty disease, or whether you desire to have the body you had when you were in high school.  I find my inspiration for eating better and working out from fitness accounts on Instagram.  There are tons of fitness accounts in cyberspace that provide encouragement, workout tips, and healthy recipes to inspire change.  Most of my healthy recipes come from IG so I'll be sure to notate where I found the recipe under the title if you want to follow that user on IG as well.

As a disclaimer to start this recipe, I would not add the strawberries next time I make these brownies.  The only reason being that the strawberries do not last long before going south..

Chocolate Strawberry Protein Brownies
Recipe from @fitandhealthymama

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 c. oat flour (grind up old fashioned oats into flour)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 8 packets stevia
  • 1/2 c. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 c. almond milk (unsweetened)
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 c. cocoa powder
  • 1 scoop BSN chocolate milkshake protein powder
  • 1/2 c. strawberries (substitute chopped pecans perhaps??)
  • 1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl except for the nuts and chocolate chips.
  2. Pour into greased 8x8 pan and cut in the pecans and chocolate chips
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

Pretty simple huh?  And I had most ingredients on hand!  I will admit that I cheated and used whole wheat flour instead of blending oats to make oat flour :)

And here are the only pictures I have from our weekend in Texas..  Don't judge.  We had such a great relaxing weekend that I forgot to take pictures of the good times like Pizza King, my Papa's fabulous bbq with family, and coffee with my mom.  It was a great weekend in Texas!

Goofballs on the ride to Texas

Bear dog is missing Texas already, and check out that college boy being so studious!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)