Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Healthy Fruit Pops

While getting groceries for the week on Sunday night, Brian and I discovered a sale on berries at Target.  We did what any normal fruit-aholic would do and bought double of what we normally buy.  I was trying to think of ways to utilize the fruit to make it last longer other than what we would use in our power bowls for the week.  Then I remembered a fruit and yogurt pop recipe that I had intended to make for the 4th of July with blueberries and strawberries :)  I edited the recipe to work with my smallish pop containers that I got on clearance at the Williams-Sonoma outlet (perfect for when we have kids, right?).

Ingredients:
10 medium strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup plain greek yogurt
stevia or sugar to taste

Directions:
  1. Blend strawberries with 1 tsp sugar or a bit of stevia.  Pour evenly into pops containers (I used 8 total)
  2. Mix Greek yogurt with sweetener of your choice.  Pour on top of strawberry mixture
  3. Blend 1 cup blueberries with 1 tsp sugar and pour on top of yogurt.
  4. Take a knife and run it down the sides of the pops to slightly mix the 3 layers together.
  5. Freeze and enjoy

Can't wait to try one of these babies before our workout tonight!  Who needs Edy Fruit bars anymore?

1 comment :

  1. My daughters were trying to get me to buy popsicle molds at Target last week. This would be great to put in them! I'll have to pick some up today. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)