Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Weekend in Pictures

Welcome to Austin, Texas!  Brian and I took a mini vaca to Austin to visit our friends Kristen, Jordan and their sweet baby Warren.  We had such a fun relaxing time visiting touristy spots and eating at the local joints.

First stop, In-N-Out, my first time eating there

yummy burgers! fries don't compare to McDonalds though

Brian, stop eating so I can take your pic :)

Home Slice Pizza on Congress St.

2 large pizzas for 4 people and a baby

Our lovely hosts for the weekend, Kristen & Jordan

Warren was ready to dig in

Hey Cupcake! was next on the list

Food trailers are very popular in Austin.  It's like fair food year round.
 
I got the Pumpkinator of course

Don't be deceived into thinking Brian didn't get a cupcake! 
He had already eaten it by this picture.
 
Allen Boots on Congress St.
 
Congress St. looking towards the Capitol


 
Local donut shop that was featured on Man vs. Food


HUGE Donuts!  We tried the smaller donuts.

Welcome to the Driskill Hotel

It's so beautifully Southern

I made Brian pose for a lot of pictures...


I did not have to make Jordan pose though..

Mr. Driskill Longhorn

Southern Gents



Texas State Capitol

Lovely architecture


My man Dubya

The honorable Warren Cole presiding

Seriously, even the door hinges are bigger in Texas




Battle of San Jacinto
 
 


Next stop was Frank's.  All they served was dogs

The Green Bay Packer like a true fan would order

This little guy was such a good camper even when he didn't get a nap!

The Outlets in San Marcos were good to me

Happy baby

Right before he wanted to read every book on the shelf.

Next stop was Dallas for my dad's birthday/Kate's baby shower

We were just missing Hayley & Bryce at the family lunch so we "poured a little out" for them

Baby Wallis banner

The pretty spread
 
Those bottles were the cutest thing!  I'm going to have to use that idea for future showers

Baby buggy shaped watermelon

Pregnant sister

Baby bath and towels from my Aunt Diana & Greatma

Hannah came up for the shower and brought a pink sock monkey with her.

My mom made a blanket for baby Wallis in Kate's favorite colors

Warm clothes from my Aunt Leslie

Baby blanket that my mother in law helped me make on our sewing weekend

Mrs. McMillan and the "lovie" doll

All the wonderful hostesses!

Last stop of the trip was Taco Casa!  I LOVE this place!!
too bad we don't have one in Oklahoma :(

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)