Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chicken Tetrazzini

If you want a lot of leftovers or need to feed an army, this is the recipe for you!  I made this dish the other night, and we have been eating and eating and eating on it.   The only thing that could make it better for you better would be to add a veggie or two.  I think the next time I make it I will be adding some broccoli to it.  I don't love broccoli, but if it is in a delicious casserole it won't be as noticeable to my taste buds :)

Chicken Tetrazzini

(adapted from Plain Chicken)

Ingredients
1 whole rotisserie chicken
16 oz vermicelli (or whatever you have on hand) pasta, cooked according to package directions
24 oz chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Options to add in:
broccoli
peas
onions
celery

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.

Boil pasta while you remove meat from the chicken and chop.

Whisk together soups, chicken broth, and garlic powder.

Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Layer 1/2 vermicelli, 1/2 chicken, and 1/2 of soup mixture. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese on the pasta. Repeat layers and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.

Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)