We took off to Arkansas this weekend to visit Brian's family. It seems like every time we go to Arkansas the weekend flies by so quickly. I had some ambitious projects that I wanted my mother in law to help me sew, so we spent the entire weekend sewing or shopping for fabric, thread, elastic, etc. We finished up an apron that we had made two weeks ago at my house, but we needed to embelish it a bit.
 |
Don't be fooled, Paul's Bakery made those Hog cookies.
and I am wearing shorts under my Razorback apron :) |
 |
| They were so cute! |
 |
| Dinner was scrumptious! |
After dinner, it was back to the grindstone. My mother in law was so sweet to help me make a present for my sister's baby due in December. She helped direct me in making the surprise(s), but I did most of it by myself.
 |
| Cutting and pinning the fabric.. |
 |
Proof that I really did the sewing.
Yes, I'm still wearing my Razorback apron to support the Hogs even though they played horribly that night :( |
 |
| Bear's typical position when bored |
Although, since I was so slow at my project, she had time to fix my new maxi dress that was 5 inches too short into a new maxi skirt! I love it! There is nothing this woman can't sew. Did I mention she makes custom baby bags as well?? She let me pick out two to put away for when we have kids in case she is done making them by that time. Here are some of her custom baby bags:
 |
| Sharon made me a bag just for fun! |
I wish I had pictures of her newer bags that are just too cute. She has Razorback bags and cute little blue owl bags. So fun! We need to get her set up with a shop on Etsy.
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and a happy Monday!
No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)