When we found out that we were expecting, I decided to do navy and white in the nursery regardless of the gender. Ideally it would be for a little boy, but I was going to pop in some pink if it was a girl's nursery. My sister found a bedding set from a cute boutique that was cheaper than the Pottery Barn set I was wanting so I snatched that up before even knowing the gender. It kind of set the scene for the nursery. I also knew that if it was a boy, I wanted to use the Pottery Barn bears in the nursery. I love the classic look and neutral color of the bears, plus I'm pretty sure Brian would have nixed the idea of the PBK bunnies in our little guy's room even though I love them too ;)
We found our crib on Amazon (prime for the win with free shipping) and love it! Since our crib did not have a matching dresser, we found one that matched pretty well at Buy Buy Baby. I was so thankful because the exact dresser that we loved online was in the scratch and dent section at Buy Buy Baby for a discount, and I could use a coupon too! Thank you Jesus for providing!
Our chair took a little time to get to where we wanted. Within the last year, we re-covered a chair that Brian's parents gave us. It turned out so well and is a great chair so when Sharon found us another chair just like it at a resale place, we jumped on that idea. Unfortunately, the bones of this new chair were not quite as good. We ended up having to fix the base to make it taller and recover the chair with new fabric and some stuffing before it was over, but it's perfect now!
Fair warning: I am trying out my new camera and am in no way a professional, but here are the shots I took of the completed nursery this weekend.
 |
| Kind of hard to see but I wanted to show the lamp |
 |
I love our crib and the quilt that my mother in law made for Rhett.
She also made that pillow out of a valence from the bedding set. |
 |
| Sweet rocky bear from my little sister. I love him so much! |
 |
| Like I said, I love the PBK bears |
 |
| books and bears galore |
 |
| Love this big bear from Scarlett |
 |
| Sweet little PBK anywhere chair with a bear that is more Rhett's size :) |
 |
| My friend Reagan painted these signs for Rhett, and I couldn't be happier with them! |
 |
| Little white bear from our babymoon in Alaska |
 |
| Got all the essentials for baby changing in the top drawer |
 |
| and of course organized clothes |
 |
| View into the bathroom from the nursery |
 |
| View from the window |
 |
My friends made this adorable wreath for one of my showers.
I added the little PBK bear rattle (I know I'm obsessed) |
 |
| Semi-organized closet shot |
 |
| I love my little fur boxes! Thank you Target and my coworkers for the gift card ;) |
 |
| Looking into the bathroom |
 |
| And out to the room |
So so cute! Nicely done. Now for little beam to arrive! I can't wait!! 😘
ReplyDelete