Props to anyone who got that title. It's one of my favorite songs by Kenny Chesney, and I got to go to Boston in the summer so almost the same thing :)
My coworker Bernie & I got to take a trip to Boston for a conference for our biggest customer. We were able to finally meet the people that we have worked with for years now. It was so great to discuss issues face to face and determine how to best handle things going forward. We also had some free time and got to visit some historical places and wonderful restaurants!
I will say Boston is not like the South at all! I was pretty glad to be home where they serve Dr. Pepper and everyone smiles at each other. Seriously, even our 7 hour layover/delayed flight was not nearly as bad when spent with sweet Tulsans. Everybody just chatted and laughed even when we had to run through the rain to board our flight home at 11pm.
First stop after maneuvering through the cow path streets of Boston was our hotel then on to Legal Seafood. Best seafood I've ever eaten. It was so delicious! Our waiter was so nice and kind. Turns out he wasn't from Boston so that could explain the kindness.
 |
| Swordfish, Salmon, Tuna, Shrimp, Scallops, Jalapeno Cheddar Polenta, and Cole Slaw |
 |
| Steak, Scallops, Shrimp, Mashed Potatoes, and Broccoli |
 |
Our waiter from California who attends Harvard and smuggles fresh fruit from California in his bags to Boston.
This guy was a character for sure! |
 |
| Out on the balcony at the hotel |
Day two we had breakfast at the hotel and made a quick stop at Faneuil Hall before heading to Boston College to set up and get ready for the conference.
 |
| That guy walked right into my pic of the buildings.. |
 |
| Cheers with my coffee.. It was 9 am |
 |
| Mashed potatoes, scallion and bacon pizza at Otto's |
 |
| I tried the 3 cheese tortellini pizza |
 |
| With the CFO of GB, Judith |
 |
| the students at rapt attention listening to our presentation :) |
 |
| Sushi! |
 |
| Dragon roll & Firecracker roll |
 |
| I could never live in Boston. There were no Dr. Peppers to be found anywhere! |
 |
| Breakfast at the hotel was so good! I had a pistachio muffin for the first time and it didn't disappoint. |
 |
| I made a quick run into Georgetown Cupcakes on our way to the airport. We hunted for a parking spot for about 20 minutes before Bernie just dropped me off so I could pick up some cupcakes for the road |
 |
| Another stop at Legal Seafood in the airport. We had to try a Boston crème pie in Boston. |
 |
| The icing was a little messed up but the salted caramel cupcake still tasted amazing! |
 |
| Halfsies with Bernie: Birthday cake and Salted Caramel |
 |
| Thank goodness for the cupcakes that helped pass the 7 hours we spent in the Dulles airport waiting on our flight to Tulsa. |
 |
| I've never seen this done in my life, but we ran from a ramp in the pouring rain to get on the plane! It was 11pm and we were so thankful to be headed home so we rolled up our pants and made a dash for it! |
 |
| safe to say he missed me |
 |
| and loved the Lobster chew toy I brought him for his 5th birthday! |
Such a fun whirlwind weekend trip up North! I almost finished my 800pg book that I started at the first of the trip since we had so much down time at the airport :)
Hello lots of yummy food!! I love that you got a picture with your waiter - that is awesome!
ReplyDelete