Monday, August 11, 2014

DIY China Hutch

Some of y'all may remember seeing the before picture of this china hutch in a previous post.  One of my mom's friends from college GAVE it to me.  I was thrilled!!  It is solid wood and gorgeous, but needed a little update.  I had seen all of the pins on pinterest about the gel wood stain and with an assist from a friend, we tackled this project.  I couldn't be happier with the results!  I love that after 4.5 years of marriage, I could finally unwrap and open my wedding china.

before

taping off the mirror after we removed all the glass panels

Yes, that is a men's sock that my sweet friend Kelsey is applying the gel stain with. 
I couldn't/wouldn't have started this project without her!

first coat is almost done!
 I'll spare you pictures of the second and third coats and the poly coat and just skip to the after! It's gorgeous!  Perhaps a bit darker than I expected but much more modern looking with the stain.

new hardware sure helps update the look

My new goblets I didn't even remember that I had.  It was seriously like Christmas morning! 
Can't wait to use my china now :)

I'm pretty happy with the updated look!


1 comment :

  1. You know I have been waiting for this post! Holy smokes - it looks SO awesome! I would not have been brave enough to tackle the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)