Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Antioxidant Loaded Cranberry Jam

So I know that jam wouldn't be what you would consider healthy, right?  But this jam is not that bad for you depending on your mixture of sweetener. 

My mom and I discovered some fresh cranberries for a steal of a deal price at Sprouts this weekend and decided to make some jam.  Granted, we did not want to do the whole drain, and canning thing so this recipe is pretty darn easy.

We washed our cranberries and put them in a pan with about a  cup of water


Next we boiled them until they were hissing and melting on the stove


Then we whisked the berries to break up the skins and make it more of a jam like substance.  Then add whatever sweetener you prefer.  I did some stevia packets and some sugar.  My mom mixed in some Splenda and lemon juice in her cranberry jam.  You want it to still retain some tartness from the cranberries so don't over sweeten.


I poured it into some canning jars and voila! cranberry jam!  It's really great on toast, or rolls for Thanksgiving, or would be perfect in thumbprint cookies :)

love my new platter from the Global Missions Health Conference!

a beautiful color too!
It is easy to make and full of good antioxidants which is key as the weather changes this time of year.  I really wore sandals last night, and today it is below freezing!!  Stay warm and a happy Wednesday to all!

My mom sent me this picture of coffee and toast with jam this morning!

1 comment :

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)