Monday, August 26, 2013

Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

I have attempted healthy chocolate chip cookies in the past, and they do not live up to the buttery, sugary goodness of real cookies.  I'm not claiming that these do either, but they sure do hit the spot with their full flavor of healthy fat from the cashews.  Brian didn't love these cookie dough balls, because they tasted too much like syrup for him.  They just taste like a healthy option for breakfast, snack time, dessert, or anytime to me :)

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cups cashews (lightly salted)
  • 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
  • 2 tbs agave
  • 1 tbs maple syrup (I used sugar free pancake syrup)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or carob chips)
Directions:
  1. Blend cashews & oats together in blender, magic bullet, or food processor until they have a flour like consistency.  Be careful not to over blend or you will have cashew butter
  2. Add in agave, syrup, and vanilla.  Mix until consistency resembles "dough"
  3. Add in chocolate chips and stir by hand. 
  4. Form into balls and place in fridge for about 30 minutes to harden before eating


Hope these little cookie dough balls hit the spot for you as much as they did for me!

1 comment :

  1. I would eat the whole batch of these in one sitting. Seriously. Nuts and chocolate are my weaknesses, combine them and look out! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)