Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Week/Weekend Recap

Oh summer, why did I think life might calm down a bit when you arrived??  This is not the case, but I guess I kind of enjoy the craziness :)

One of my best friends, Lindsay, had her precious baby on Wednesday!  Hadley Paige was born perfectly healthy, and we couldn't be more thankful for that!  Momma and baby are doing great and adjusting to life.

She's already smiling a bit for pictures

Brian looks like a natural with babies

How great does she look after just having a baby? 
Wish we could have had these pics with Steph when she had Chloe too!
 
Sweet baby with the burp cloth Sharon made for her! 
 
Brian celebrated his birthday this week so we went out to sushi on his actual birthday and had friends over on Thursday to cook out.  It was chill, but really nice to gather with friends for a little party.

I really didn't get a good pic that night..
Clearly missing Scarlett snapping tons of pictures!

Brownies and frozen yogurt for the "birthday cake"

Friday night Brian's parents came in to town to celebrate.  We had a lovely dinner at the Ridge Grill, and did some sight-seeing.  Yes, sight-seeing in Tulsa.  Brian's parents wanted to see some of the properties that he manages/has worked on selling. 



Saturday morning, the boys took off for a round of golf while I attended my soon to be cousin's wedding shower.  It was held at a local bakery, and we assembled pinteresty cookie jars for our favors.  It was such a great idea to allow for good interaction while making your own party favor.  They turned out so cute!


Loving my favor!  Can't wait to make them :)


The bride to be!

Some serious squatting down when taking pictures with these two. 
It didn't help that I had on 5 inch heels..

After the shower, I met Sharon for some shopping before heading home to get ready for the Lion King.  After dinner at Te Amo's downtown, we headed to the TPAC for the 8:00 showing of the Lion King.  Live performances blow me away!  I'm so amazed at how talented these actors and singers are!  This show did not disappoint, and if you are on the fence about going to see it, you should go.  The use of puppets and masks was so entertaining.  At some points, you forget that there is a visible man controlling that puppet.

Best salmon ever!  Probably helped that it was coated in butter :)



had to do it! Rawr!

Sunday morning came bright and early as we were on set up/tear down at church.  Aka be there at 7:45 am.  So early squirrely, but I love that we get to serve at church!  It is what makes our church more of a community.  Plus, you get to see everyone at both services!  Look who showed up at 4 days old?


Between services we were able to get lunch at Charleston's with Craig and Sharon before they headed home.  They don't like to come to Tulsa without going to Charleston's for their bread pudding.  It's the best I've ever had for sure.  I need that recipe! Or for my waistline's sake, maybe not :)



We finished off Sunday with a good workout and a trip to the dog park.  Poor Bear had been at home alone most of the weekend so we thought he needed a little social interaction.  We met the cutest little fur ball at the dog park!  I had never heard of a Caucasian Mountain dog before, but I did some research after talking to the dog's owner.  They are the most dangerous dogs in the world when they feel threatened and can take down a bear.  These dogs are said to have the same stopping power as a loaded .45 gun.  Pretty crazy!!  They were used as prison guard dogs in Russia in the past.  Don, the Caucasian mountain dog we met, was actually imported from Hungary.  Imagine my surprise when I saw a breeder 25 miles outside of Tulsa.  I'm not saying I want one, but these dogs are pretty cool!!

Four months old and he weighs 40lbs already. 
Don's dad weighed 190lbs!




And that's a wrap!  Happy Tuesday everyone :)

1 comment :

  1. Awww, fun weekend! Happy birthday to your hubby. Such as sweet little newborn. And does your hair always look perfect or what?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)