We took off to Kansas City this past weekend for the Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, Eli Young Band, and Kacey Musgraves concert with some friends. It was awesome! Kenny has been on my bucket list since 6th grade, so I was thrilled to finally be going to see him.
We got into KC late Friday night and attempted to go to Oklahoma Joe's but when we saw the line wrapping around the building, (and we are not talking some fancy bbq joint, this place was attached to a gas station!!) we left. We decided to try Jack Stack bbq but that wait was an hour and forty-five minutes! Crazy! Those Kansas City peeps are proud of their bbq. We eventually settled on Arthur Bryant's bbq which was a hole in the wall. But a very famous hole in the wall as they had pictures of everyone from Jimmy Carter to Sarah Palin eating there.
![]() |
| the line to get in to Oklahoma Joes! |
Saturday morning, the boys had an early tee time while the girls got to sleep in. So nice! Then we hit the outlet malls for a little shopping before the concert. It was the perfect time to be out there in the morning then we finished up with sushi at Styx and Starbucks before heading back to the hotel to get ready.
Come concert time, it was raining.. Ok more like a monsoon hit Kansas City. Our concert was at Arrowhead Stadium, rain or shine, so Heather & I didn't waste too much time doing our hair. What was the point when we were going to get soaked? The concert was delayed a bit so we chatted in the hotel lobby before heading out to the concert. Between the four of us, we had one umbrella and it was still raining so we decided that we were going to get wet. Heather and Ty were such troopers! I stole one of Brian's golf jackets to keep the rain off. I'm kind of like a cat when it comes to water.. I don't like it, especially not on my face!
![]() |
| Don't mind our giant rain coats |
![]() |
| A little water didn't kill us.. just our hair :) |
We completely missed Kacey Musgraves, but heard her as we were filtering in to the stadium. Eli Young took the stage after Kacey Musgraves and sang all their good songs except Guinevere. When it Rains was particularly fitting for the night :)
After Eli Young, it started to rain again. We were disappointed, but thankfully it let up right before Eric Church came on! Ok I wasn't thrilled about Eric Church before the concert. I liked a couple of his songs, but didn't really know much about him or his songs. He completely blew me away! He was so great in concert!! Did a wonderful job interacting with the crowd and really was entertaining! Brian and I both expected great things out of Kenny. He has been entertainer of the year for years, but Eric Church was such a surprise to us both. Now I can't stop listening to his music!
![]() |
| We went and got t-shirts at the break between Eli Young and Eric Church |
![]() |
| "Springsteen" |
![]() |
| "These Boots" by Eric Church and everyone holds up their boots |
![]() |
| You can tell my expectations were low for Eric Church.. I couldn't have been more wrong! |
![]() |
| These two cuties were two stepping! |
![]() |
| Ty was pretty insistent that Brian needed a cowboy hat, but I think he needs cowboy boots first! |



.jpg)












No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)