Friday, February 22, 2013

The Obsession Continues...

Yes, I admit it... I'm obsessed with baking with protein powder.  I love to bake in general so baking healthier treats that I don't have to beat myself up for later is the best!!  Peanut butter cookies have never been my favorite, but hey it's a cookie that I can eat guilt free!  Bring on the deliciousness :) 

So here is yet another recipe from the fabulous Muffin Topless that I plan on making again this weekend since the first batch is completely gone.

Peanut Butter Protein Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Natural PB (ok I confess I didn't have any natural pb so I just used Jif)
  • 1.5 Scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (I use Syntha 6)
  • 1 Whole Cage-Free Egg
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 Cup Sugar Substitute (I used Stevia)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia (I used 1 tsp honey instead)
  • 1 Tablespoon Water

  •  
    Directions:
     
    - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
    - Mix the wet ingredients in a medium bowl, and then add the peanut butter.  Once you have a good creamy mixture, start to add the protein powder slowly.
    - Spray a cookie sheet with Pam to prevent sticking
    - Seperate the dough into about 12 balls and place on the cookie sheet (I made 13 accidentally)
    - Use a fork to criss cross the peanut butter cookie design on the top being careful to ensure the cookie stays together. 
    - Bake for 11 minutes.  Remove from pan and cool on a cookie rack.  Enjoy :)

     
    Yes, I gave one or two to Bear :)  He loves peanut butter!
     

    1 comment :

    1. i just made them with almond butter- so yummy! thanks for the recipe! ;-)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)