Thursday, July 28, 2016

Healthier Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

If you follow me on Snapchat (karambeam), you saw me post pics of some muffins the other day. Yes, they were pumpkin.  Yes, I know it's still July, but I am just so ready for Fall!  I've tried tons of recipes for pumpkin muffins (made a different recipe this week for them actually), but this recipe is a winner!  And it's healthier too.  Notice I didn't say healthy, because its still a muffin with chocolate in it, but you get the point.


Healthier Pumpkin Muffins
adapted from Making Thyme for Health


Ingredients

2 & 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp almond butter (I was running out and didn't have 4 tbsps)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (I threw in some pumpkin pie spice too)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12 count muffin pan.

Blend all ingredients in a food processor (or vitamix, ninja, blender, etc) until smooth.  Add chocolate chips.

Pour into muffin pan and bake for 20-22 minutes.

Done & delicious!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)