Well things look a little different around here if you hadn't noticed. My friend Karis (talented photographer, graphic designer, and blog updater) helped me out a little bit.
I was praying about a new blog name and felt that "Positively Beaming" accurately described my life right now. In so many ways, we have been so blessed this year. Our little one has joined this world, and I cannot imagine life without him. I'm reminded of the song in "Holiday Inn." Yes, I'm an old movie junkie and if you haven't seen that movie, stop reading and go watch it. Back to the song.. It's called "I've Got Plenty To Be Thankful For" and it's so true! It's a great reminder that we all have so much to be thankful for. "I've got eyes to see with, ears to hear with, lips to kiss with, someone to adore.. How could anybody ask for more? I've got plenty to be thankful for." I don't want to lose sight of these things and continue to praise God for those blessings.
I felt like the Lord laid this verse on my heart as well:
"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16
All we do should point back to Jesus. Am I perfect at this? Absolutely not, but I wanted this blog, which documents our lives, to reflect Jesus. I wanted to remind myself to daily strive for this goal. Amidst the craziness of mom life, work life, and home life, I want to point back to Him in all I do.

No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)