Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Thomas Wedding Weekend

So what have I been up to?  Well mostly showers, wedding planning and a wedding.  Our best friends said "I do" about 2 weeks ago.  Brian was the best man and I was the matron of honor.  Talk about busy with all the parties, events and general planning!

The wedding turned out beautifully.  The whole week had been rainy and nasty, yet it stopped the afternoon of the wedding.  Thank you Jesus for that!  We were able to get some great pictures outside with the photographer even though it was super humid.  Everything came together so well.  No frantic moments except for when I walked down the aisle and realized I forgot the groom's ring!  I remembered the tissues and forgot the ring!  Thank goodness a friend got the ring and passed it on up the line so we had it in time. 

Brian and I really got to bond with Todd's med school friends while wedding planning.  Seriously, they are wonderful people, and we love them already.  We did a lot of designing and planning and coordinating together.  Not to mention setting up and tearing down the wedding venue.  I'm so thankful for them all and the gift of service that they gave to Todd and Scarlett.  I don't have a ton of pictures from the wedding, but friends sent me some of their pictures :)


Pedicures with the bridal party



The only picture I found from the rehearsal dinner


Hair & makeup


Todd's medical school friends decorated the venue the day of

John Cloud saved my life when I forgot the groom's ring


Kari was our creative designer for the reception. 


Katherine & James were making sure the tables looked perfect


Thanks to Amber Lobaugh for taking getting ready pictures of the bridesmaids

photo credit Amber Lobaugh

photo credit Amber Lobaugh

Matrons of Honor with the Bride
photo credit Amber Lobaugh

Pillow fight! Favorite picture right here
photo credit Amber Lobaugh


Meanwhile the guys got ready at our house
photo credit Amber Lobaugh

Arriving at the chapel


Love this pic of my man and his momma!

My mother in love

They're married!

Brian and I with Lindsey and Grant

Let them eat cake!  It's the only thing they got to eat that night :(

Love these girls so much!  We snagged the bride for a quick picture

New med school friends

Cake table
photo credit Amber Lobaugh


I loved Todd's grooms cake!
Shout out to Tiny Cakes and Truffles for doing a fabulous job on both cakes
photo credit Amber Lobaugh

Beautiful rosettes
photo credit Amber Lobaugh

Bouquet toss
photo credit Amber Lobaugh

Dancing the night away! Get it Claire ;)
photo credit Amber Lobaugh

And they're off!
photo credit Amber Lobaugh
Sleeping in was the main thing on the agenda for Saturday.  I needed to return Scarlett's wedding jewelry to a local jeweler so Sharon and I got to look at lots of bling just for fun while they cleaned our jewelry.  Then we returned Brian's tux, went to Utica Square area for lunch and hit up the New Balance store for some new kicks that are better for weight lifting.


Burn Co BBQ with the folks

Pretty scrumptious

New shoes for all

We had some folks over for a cookout to celebrate Brian's birthday on Saturday. 
Sharon made homemade blueberry and apple pies.  So good!

Bear loves these two!  They need to get him a friend in February :)
We had such a busy, fun weekend with family and friends!  I know it wasn't my wedding, but I still couldn't help but feel so thankful to everyone who helped pull this wedding together.  From the generous people who let us borrow décor to those who gave of their time and put in sweat equity for this wedding, we cannot thank you enough.  It was definitely an affair to remember.

2 comments :

  1. What a fun weekend! Such gorgeous pictures! Love the ones of y'all on the bed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you and your friends are THE cutest ever! Every photo made me smile. What a beautiful wedding. You look amazing in that dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)