My sister sent me this pin of an adorable Easter table runner, and I knew I needed to make one! Anyone that knows me knows that I love bunnies! They are so cute! Brian gets me an Easter bunny every year (yes, I know I'm 26 years old). Needless to say, Easter décor at my house gets a bit crazy. Perhaps I'll do a separate post on that :)
I bought the supplies needed and set to work following this blog's design. It was easier than I thought, but it did take a couple evenings since I had to wait for the paint to dry.
Step One:
Trace the bunny outline on the burlap runner. I could have measured to make sure it was perfectly even, but I tend to just eyeball things.
Step Two:
Try to cover up the black sharpie outline with brown paint. Would have been easier to use a brown sharpie, but I didn't have one.
Step Three:
Fill in the bunnies with brown craft paint.
Step Four:
Time to make the tails. I used a serving fork to make a bigger poof ball. Wrap yarn around the fork about 55- 60 times. Take another piece of yarn and slip it through the middle of the fork to tie it off tightly in the center. Slide the yarn off the fork and cut the loops to make a poof ball tail. I trimmed mine up a bit to make them more rounded.
Step Five:
Attach poof balls on the bunnies. Be sure and always put something under the bunnies when painting or gluing so as to not ruin the surface you are working on. I used plastic bags under the paint and wax paper under the bunnies when hot gluing the tails on.
I couldn't be happier with the results! We are ready for Easter at the Beam residence :)






How cute is this?!!!
ReplyDelete