Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Is it too late to post about Thanksgiving??

Because that is what this post is about!  Geez, its been way too long since I blogged.  The holidays are oh so busy so blogging has kind of been pushed to the back burner..  So here is a quick run down of our Thanksgiving which happened almost a month ago. 

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving in Texas with my side of the family.  Our family is huge!  I mean huge when you get us all together.  So this year we had Thanksgiving lunch in our church gym as we don't all fit in a house.

Pumpkin rolls.  They didn't turn out quite as cute as Plain Chicken's version though.

Southern Living's Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie

Made a turkey shirt for my niece but its sideways in this picture

She liked it

Told you my family was huge!  We were missing some folks in this picture too

McNamara side of the family with Greatma & Papa

Brian & I with the grandparents

We celebrated Emma's first birthday on Saturday

Eating her cakes from the tea set I got her

Silly girl didn't know what to do with that smash cake


owl cupcakes
It was a wonderful weekend spending time with our family and friends back home in Texas.  We even got to do some Christmassy things together since we will be apart this year on the actual day.  Thanksgiving is a special day to give thanks for all we have, but especially this year I'm making an effort to be thankful every day.  Thankful for the God I serve, the air I breathe, the car I drive, the house I live in, the best dog in the world, my loving husband, my supportive family and church.  The list goes on and on.  Let's not stop being thankful just because Thanksgiving is over!

2 comments :

  1. Love this update!! What a BIG family, I just can't imagine!!! Just love that picture of you and your niece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your family photos and how many of you there are! We always had big family gatherings growing up. Your little niece is adorable! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Kara!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)