So last night I made chocolate chip cookies for a co-worker's birthday celebration. That recipe I can make with my eyes closed since I've been making those since I was a third grader (not kidding). But I decided to adapt a more healthy recipe that I found on Lemonade Makin' Mama's site for resolution bars for my family to enjoy since they can't have the cookies. I added protein and got rid of the raisins to suit my family's preferences. Peanuts would be great in them too!
Chocolate Protein Bars
1 c. peanut butter
2 Tbl honey
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. coconut oil (amazing stuff btw)
1.5 scoops of protein powder (I used caramel latte protein powder but vanilla or chocolate would work too)
2 c. old fashioned oats
Mix the first 5 ingredients in a sauce pan until smooth. Dump in the 2 cups of oats and mix thoroughly. Once mixed, pour into 8x8 pyrex pan and put in the fridge to firm up.
After about 2 hours (while we worked out) the bars will be firm and can be cut into squares. Let me tell you these things were good!! And the best part?? they won't kill your diet/new years resolutions :)

No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)