Monday, January 4, 2016

Nesting

With the extra day off of work for New Years, Brian and I were super productive this weekend! We are almost completely done with the nursery now!  I still have one more shower this coming this weekend, and then we will buy whatever else we might still need before Rhett arrives.  I guess I'm definitely in the "nesting" stage of this pregnancy.

I felt like this was such a good weekend simply because I had the energy for most everything on my to do list and still got to spend some good quality time with Brian watching three movies and dinners together just the two of us.  My goal this month is to go on as many dates as we can and soak up this alone time together before our lives are taken over by a small human who needs us at all times.

NYE's Mexican food dinner on my fine china.  Still loving that guacamole ;)

I attempted healthy coconut oil chocolate fondue..
don't try it yourself!  It was not good...

Hung the curtains and got rid of my night stand so we could put the Rock N Play
by the bed in preparation

Bear was not wanting to pose for my pics on our walk..

Delicious black eyed peas

These two napping during a football game

I finally got to watch Elf even if it was after Christmas

My sweet friend Karis made these tags for me to put on my L&D nurse presents
We finished up a lot of the nursery this weekend with new lamps, organization etc.  I'll post a full nursery post once it is completely done!  We installed the car seat in my car and realized Brian and I sit way far back when we drive.  Must be a tall person thing.  It is pretty tight now with the car seat in there eek!  We took Bear for several walks, made black eyed peas and ham that was the bomb, got to hang out with a couple sets of friends, cleaned out and hung curtains in our master bedroom, took down all of Christmas, finished my presents for my labor & delivery nurses, and cleaned the house.  I felt so accomplished!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)