Sunday, February 3, 2013

Protein Pancakes

Tonight after my workout I decided to try to make protein pancakes. I didn't have all the ingredients called for in any recipe I could find online so I improvised and they turned out so yummy!!

Ingredients:
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (we love Syntha-6 protein)
1 egg
1/4 cup no sugar added applesauce
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 packet of stevia to taste (my protein had enough sugar that I didn't need the stevia)
1/3 cup old fashioned oats

Directions:
Blend all ingredients together until smooth and pour onto hot griddle. Flip like normal pancakes when brown on the sides. I served mine with sliced strawberries and 1/4 cup applesauce on top for a syrup substitute.

Note that this recipe only made 2 pancakes.  I'm going to have to work on making much more than that next time, but it's perfect for one person :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)