Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Breakfast for those who run late..

So if you know me at all, you would know I don't like to eat breakfast.  Never have.  I am typically running out the door and just want to grab something to eat around 10 am when I actually do get hungry.  So in my quest to eat healthier, I have discovered Muffin Topless's blog.  She is a fitness inspiration and posts tons of healthy protein filled recipes.  Her Strawberry Vanilla Power Bowl is my go to breakfast now.  I eat it at least 3 times a week and substitute different fruits to mix it up a bit.  It's easy for me, because I can make it the night before and pop it in the fridge for the next day.

Strawberry Vanilla Power Bowl

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 TB chia seeds (I haven't actually found these yet to buy so I omit them)
- 1 cup milk
- 5 oz plain Greek yogurt or you can use flavored Greek yogurt (strawberry, vanilla, blueberry, peach) but these options have more sugar in them
- 2 packets of stevia
- 1/2 cup berries, peaches, fruit of any variety

Directions:
Add all ingredients in a resealable container and mix well.  Set in the refrigerator overnight to allow the oats to soften and the chia seeds to expand.  Enjoy :)

Preparing the night before

After the oats have softened

Blueberries for today's breakfast

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)