Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Workout Wednesday (what I really did)

Accountability at its finest.  I'll be updating the blog with what I really did as far as working out this week.  I have been super excited about getting in a new workout routine now that I'm home so this little weekly post will keep me accountable to actually using my gym membership. 

Typically, I try to workout with my friend Steph (my pregnancy workout partner if you remember her) on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 8:30 am.  It's pretty ambitious, but why not?  It's great to workout with a partner as they push you to do one last set or go for one more minute.  This week, Steph was out of town so my routine has been off a bit, but that's how life is.

I ran/walked on Monday with Rhett and Bear for about forty minutes in the sweltering heat.  Ok it was in the morning at 9 am, but it was still HOT! 

Tuesday I hit the gym on my own for a quick workout routine.  Steph and I always do a bit of cardio to get our heart rate up and then hit the weights.  I did about 15 minutes on the elliptical/arc trainer to warm up and then moved to the rowing machine.  If you've never done the rowing machine, you should try it!  It's a good all over workout for legs, arms, back.  It's great!  It was one of the things that my OB did not recommend while pregnant so it's been a while since I've done it.  After that I did a quick routine of deadlifts, curls, and good mornings before stretching out and collecting Rhett from childcare.

Tuesday's workout:

15 minutes cardio
5 minutes rowing machine (no stopping)
3 sets of 10-12 reps of bicep curls with barbell, deadlifts, and good mornings (I used a 30lb straight barbell but use what you are comfortable with)

And since this post is all about accountability, I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but not my pre-pregnancy shape.  My goal is to get back my muscles that I had before having Rhett by 9 months. 

Thursday, I am going walking with a friend and Friday, I'll be working out at the gym again.  Leave me a comment if you are working out this week too!  Happy Wednesday, friends

shameless workout selfie to document where I'm starting at

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)