Yesterday, I had the pleasure of communicating with Tori from Sassy Steals, a boutique daily deal site. I have recently started checking a couple of boutique style daily deal sites (GroopDealz, Sassy Steals, Very Jane) for cheaper gift options, cute jewelry, and all other fashionable things that I really want from Riffraff or Suite One but don't want to pay that much for. I have bought a couple things from these sites including an adorable mint daisy necklace, chain link bracelets, and a beaded necklace for my sister's birthday.
Well I guess that is part of the story. I really ordered one of those necklaces for my sister and one for myself. Funny how they get you with the shipping options. The first item will ship for $1.99 and then the second item ships for $.50! Gets me every time if I might need another one for a friend's birthday :) Anyways, I ordered two of the same necklaces in different colors from Sassy Steals. The first one for my sister came a day before her birthday party which was perfect! I thought it was weird that they would ship one without the other, but figured patience was part of the whole "boutique deals" thing.
Pretty sure a month went by without hearing anything. I got an email last week saying that Sassy Steals had been made aware that some people didn't get their necklaces. I responded saying that I got one necklace but not the other. Yesterday, I got a response in the form of a refund of a necklace :( I had really wanted the necklace and replied as much to Tori, the owner of Sassy Steals. She let me know that the seller had stopped sending the necklaces, and they had to pay for the refunds out of their own pocket :( I expressed my sympathy to her, and she was so nice about it all, handling the situation with grace. Then she offered to send me another necklace that was the same color as I had ordered for free! I was blown away. This sweet lady who just lost a lot of money from a sleazy seller, was offering to send me a new necklace at her own cost. She wouldn't even "undo" my refund to let me pay at least the $4.99 for it! It just made my day! I just wanted to share how happy I was with this company :) Check them out if you haven't already for some adorable goodies: sassysteals.com
I LOVE hearing stories like this. It totally makes me want to patronize this business. Looking into Sassy Steals now. :)
ReplyDelete