Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray

surf spray

Every now and again I find a product that I love!  Not just a "meh, its good enough," I'm talking LOVE.  Bumble & Bumble has created such a product.  I've always read about sea salt spray in the fashion magazines.  It gives you great "beachy waves", "summer's must have spray", "loose, sexy hair" etc, etc, but I had never tried it.  Well that all changed when I went to get my hair cut and colored last week.  My stylist is a Bumble & Bumble rep, but never has pressured me into any styling products.  In fact, I had to ask her about trying it. 

My hair has some natural wave to it, but leans towards being on the thin side.  If I curl it, it looks more full, hence the reason my hair is mostly always curled.  It just looks too thin and stringy if I straighten it.  My hair routine is pretty strenuous and not good on my poor thin hair.  I always shower night and do my hair in the morning.  So shampoo, sleep on it wet, rewet hair in the morning, blow it dry, curl.  That is a lot of heating elements!  There had to be a better option.  I tried sleeping with mousse in my hair at night, nope, too messy.  Tried gel, nope, too crunchy in the morning.  Finally, I gave the surf spray a try.  Eureka!! It's amazing!
 
I spritz it on towel dried hair and sleep on it.  In the morning it is wild but I can easily manage it based on how much time I have.  I still curl pieces of my hair to make it look a little less wind-blown before spritzing it again with the spray and a bit of my Aura witch hazel hairspray (that stuff is great pump hairspray btw).  Probably the most wonderful part of this spray is the fact that I can go 3 days without washing my hair!!  That is fabulous for me.  I'm not one of those girls who has the luxury of washing their hair once every week.  Nope, mine needs to be washed daily.  I can get away with two days, but by the end of day two, it will be looking greasy and flat.  But now, I sleep on it and it looks full and beachy the next day too.  I'll spritz a bit more of surf spray on it and maybe a curl here and there and good to go!

This spray is such a time saver for me.  I've always wondered what I would do with my hair when we had kids (no, this is not a hint to children in the near future just fyi), because it would take 20 minutes or longer to curl my hair in the mornings.  Problem solved now!  Spritz it on at night and own the wild mane that I wake up with :)  Brian is all onboard about not taking forever to do my hair or burning it unnecessarily so this 'do is perfect!  (Sorry for the repost of the pictures from this past weekend.  I didn't take any specifically for this post)

Day 1 hair

Day 2 hair
(just added some more curls in it)

Day 3 hair
(it was looking a bit more frizzy by this point but still worked)

1 comment :

  1. So that's your secret!!! You have incredibly gorgeous hair. Mine is naturally curly/frizzy so anything I try just makes it get bigger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)