Friday, March 18, 2016

Thoughts on Motherhood

So here I am six weeks in to motherhood, and we will just say it was not as I expected.  I didn't expect to love something so much that I just want to snuggle all day long with him.  I don't like to snuggle ordinarily, but something about your own flesh and blood changes that.


I also didn't expect to be as much of a home body as I have been.  Being that it takes a while to get ready to leave the house and to gear up for carting a baby around, it's just so nice to stay home.  I didn't leave my house for 10 days after he was first born and really it was ok by me.  I love our house so never really feel trapped here especially if we take a walk that day.

The good life, coffee & a snuggly baby

This is a bit weird but my baby's bodily functions (thus far) don't gross me out.  Plus, I didn't realize that both Rhett and I would be constantly covered in milk.  Good gracious the milk flows and gets everywhere!  He needs a bath every day just to clean off the stickiness from the milk.  I used to look at other babies who had spit up on them or poop and be totally grossed out.  My own kid though?  I just deal with it.  We will see if I still feel this way when his poops really stink!

Don't worry, the black you see in that spit up is Colic Calm to soothe his tummy.

I knew with having a baby that I wouldn't get to sleep as much, but didn't realize how you can function on little sleep and lots of coffee.  Literally, I don't remember what happens at night.  They all run together and I don't remember how many times little man woke up.  Although, he slept all night last night!!  We were shocked and thrilled :)  Way to go little man!

My sleeping boys

All in all, parenthood has been wonderful.  Rhett is a great baby, and we wouldn't trade him.  I love looking at him and seeing which features he inherited from Brian and which from me.  He is a joy to us all.  Even Bear will check on Rhett and lick his head to make sure he is ok.  It's adorable!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)