Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sweet Summertime

Well before you know it July will be gone.. It's nuts to think about that.  I figured a little catch up photo post was in order before July escapes me!

We had the great beanie baby pick with my cousins over July 4th!  Yes, these were mostly all my stuffed animals.. 3 tubs full.  I kept one tub and then let the cousins all pick some animals.  It was like Christmas morning for them :)

This is my thrilling new (old) china hutch! Thrilling because I have wanted one since we got married, but we didn't have room (my china has been stored in the original boxes in a closet for close to 5 years now).  Also thrilling because my mom's friend from college GAVE me this beautiful piece!! I'm going to stain it and change the hardware and it will be perfect in my dining room :)  Look for that post later on the staining process.

Back porch sitting with my man and my pup

My house is beginning to feel more like a home these days.  This piece of furniture getting a facelift is thanks to both of my sisters!  Kate is a DIY-er pro when it comes to furniture.  She and Hayley took a piece that was left with the house and made it pretty again! I still want to do something to the back of the shelves to give it dimension though.

Gotta brag on my husband here.  He is so good to me when it comes to letting me shop.  He speaks my love language when it comes to new workout clothes :)

My coworker left us a couple weeks ago so I made her this "blowquet"

My favorite dinner right now: Zoe's steak kabobs with side greek salad and fresh veggies.  You should try it!

Brian took me on a date night to see Wicked.  I love Wicked!  It was my third time to see the production, and I'd see again in a heartbeat.  It is that good!  And not really "wicked" like the title implies.

Oh and he had connections that got us backstage!! Here we are with the great and powerful Oz

I got to hold Elphaba's broom!  It was incredible!! Obviously a real smile in this pic since you cannot see my eyes :)
So far this summer has been really great!  We even got a cold snap that felt like my favorite season ever, Fall!  Looking forward to the rest of it :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)