Wednesday, May 14, 2014

DIY Lingerie Cake

If you have ever hosted a lingerie shower, you have seen the cutesy cakes all over pinterest for lingerie showers and bachelorette parties.  They are intricately beautiful and kind of pricey!  So I decided to attempt my own lingerie cake instead of paying for a big cake.  I have had a lesson or two in cake making from my boss' wife, who is a pro, so I felt a little confidence in myself and my Wilton heart shaped pan.  I lost all of that confidence when my cake fell apart!  Thank goodness for icing :)  It can fix almost anything!  Here is my attempt at a bra & panty cake:

It was falling apart at this point..


Crumb coated all of the rough edges which took some time



Skin colored icing for the top


I went with the traditional black and pink Victoria's Secret look


Added some ruffles in black. 
It took almost all of my black dye to get the icing black


Adding some pretty touches


Ta da!
I used the large Wilton heart pan for this cake.  Baked a cake mix for each layer and cut them in half.  I deepened the "v" to make it look more like cleavage.  I almost cut the bottoms to look more like panties, but with the trouble I had crumb coating the rough edges, I decided against it.

3 comments :

  1. You are ridiculously talented. You make this sound so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa that is awesome! I'm especially impressed by those swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a genius idea! The decorations are so detailed and just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a note :)