Today is a pretty special day to me, because it's my birthday! Today instead of reveling in it being all about me on my big day, I want to count my blessings instead. Lately, God has really made me aware of how much I really have to be thankful for, and I wanted to list some of these things out lest I ever forget to thank The Lord for them.
1. My husband Brian. He cleans (which is such a blessing to this clean freak), takes care of Bear and all of our household bills, maintenance on cars, etc, and makes that money by being such a diligent, hard-worker. I depend so very much on him and am thankful for all he puts up with.
2. Family. I truly am blessed with a God-centered, in tact family both close and extended and by marriage. In this world, this is such a rare thing. It is the norm for me, and I know I take that for granted. Especially with the upcoming holidays, I'm going to soak it all in!
![]() |
| sorry I'm missing quite a few new family members in this pic as it is a wee bit old.. |
3. Friendship. What an outpouring of sweet birthday messages I have received by email, mail, Facebook, phone, and Instagram. I'm overwhelmed by my friend's kind words.
4. House over my head. I have a house. Not a very large house, but its cute and it's home. I'm grateful for heat and air and electricity in my home. We have so much more than so many around the world. I never want to lose sight of that.
5. Work. I don't think I ever would have thought that I could love my job, but I do. I love that my co-workers are more like family in that we pray for each other, care for each other, and are there whenever someone needs us. We are so fortunate to be in a position where we show God's love through providing pharmaceuticals to the needy around the world.
6. Church. To get to be apart of the body of Christ is something I don't want to take for granted. Brian and I are involved in a growing church where we serve and get to be in community with some wonderful people who point us more towards God.
7. A Savior. Knowing that I don't have to rot in hell, because of my sins. My God has paid the price that I could not. I'm eternally grateful for Him and the chance to seek Him more every day.
I know this post has much more verbiage than my normal recipe posts, but I really felt like I needed to express my gratitude in words.



so sweet! What a beautiful family too!!! Hope you are having the best birthday ever!! So much to be thankful for!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I've ever commented here, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I have struggled greatly with my faith as of late and I really struggle to show my gratitude...it is great to be reminded of blessings and not struggles. Thank you for helping me see the good things and not only the bad! I hope you have a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday! I'm so sorry I missed commenting on the actual day. :( LOVE all of your gratitude in this post. That's really what it's all about. You are such a beautiful person inside and out! Blessed to have met you in blogland!
ReplyDelete